Act as person to person contact
ome clients don't necessarily need a great deal of help in that they are more or less independent and capable of taking care of essential activities such as personal care and even domestic support chores around the house or residence.
But as it has been shown by many surveys, a lack of human contact or extended periods of isolation can be quite detrimental to the state of mind and general well-being. For some people, having this frequent or occasional emotions human contact would be quite beneficial and rewarding. It lifts their emotions.
These visits can include assistance with tasks or duties such as:
- Playing games or other leisure activities
- Someone to have tea or coffee and a chat
- Help with reading and sorting our correspondence
- Catching up on current affairs and watching TV
- Being a listener to things the client may want to talk about
We can provide thoughtful and sympathetic care workers who can spend a couple of hours or more with the client provide to this essential and meaningful person to person contact.